The Arduino Mega 2560 is a complete microcontroller development board of ATmega2560. Arduino Mega has a greater number of Input-output pins and gives larger space for the project making so, it is useful for more complex projects. The Arduino Mega is a kind of plug and plays the system like you just need to connect a cable with phone or laptop and you are ready to work with.
Arduino Mega board everything that is needed for any DIYers and makers.
- It has 54 digital input-output pins in which 14 pins provide PWM output and 16 Analog output pins
- 4 UARTs
- A crystal oscillator of 16MHz
- To Power, it has a USB connection and a Power jack
- ICSP header
- And, a reset button to reload or load a new program
- Microcontroller used: ATmega2560
- Logic level Operating Voltage: 5V
- Recommended Input Voltage: 7-12 V
- Limited Input Voltage: 6-20 V
- Pins for Digital Inputs Outputs: 54 of which 14 pins provide PWM output
- Pin for Analog Inputs: 16
- DC Current for each input-output pins: 40 mA
- Flash Memory: 256 KB in which bootloader uses 8 KB
- SRAM and EEPROM: 8 KB and 4 KB Respectively
- Clock Speed of board: 16 MHz as has 16MHz Crystal Oscillator
- Make sure to insulate the base when the board is powered
- If the board is getting heat, disconnect from the laptop or other power sources
- The most common way to program Arduino Mega is Arduino IDE software
- The microcontroller in Arduino Mega, Atmega2560 comes pre-burned with bootloader because anyone can burn or upload new code without any external hardware programmer and communicates using the original STK500 protocol.