This IC is a high speed, high voltage 4-bit full Adder IC with carrying out features. The IC has four separate stages of full adder circuits in a single package. It is commonly used in applications where arithmetic operations are involved. Although today we have cheap microcontrollers that could perform all arithmetic operations required for our application, in the early days the ICs like Adder, Counter, flip-flops, etc were used for the same. This way the complexity and the BOM cost of the circuit design will greatly go low.
The CD4008 is a Full Adder with Carrying in and Carry out features. It is a four-stage 4-bit counter, meaning it has four individual Full adder circuits each of 4-bit inside a single package. It can also be easily cascaded if more than four stages are required.
- 4-bit Full Adder with carrying Out
- Nominal Operating Voltage: 5V, 10V, 15V
- Maximum Operating Voltage: 20V
- Sum-in to Sum-out time: 160nS
- Noise Margin when operating at 5V: 1V
- Maximum Input Low Voltage: 1.5V
- Minimum Input High Voltage: 3.5V
- Available in 16-pin PDIP, CDIP,SOIC, TSSOP packages
- High-Speed Arithmetic operations
- Miniature calculators
- Simple logic control designs
|A1, A2, A3, A4
|First Input for the adder circuit (Four pins for four stages)
|B1, B2, B3, B4
|Second Input for the adder circuit (Four pins for four stages)
|Carry Input – from the previous stage if present.
|S1, S2, S3, S4
|Output pin for the Adder circuit (Four pins for four stages)
|Carry Out pin to cascade with other ICs.
- 1 x 4008 4-bits full adder IC