7447 or 74LS47 decodes BCD into 7 Segments, which means it accepts a binary coded decimal or BCD Values as input and decoded into a pattern that drives a 7-segment for displaying digits 0 to 9, so its name is BCD to 7 segment driver or decoder. Its input is 4 lines BCD data and generates complements as output. The generation of complement data of BCD is internally so no coding or programming is required to generate it.
- Large Voltage range
- Has open collector output which directly drives the indicator
- Has a wide range of operating conditions
- No need for external resistors because of internal pull-ups
- No high-speed termination because of the input clamp diode
- 4 the number of input lines and 7 output lines
Be the first to review “7447 IC BCD to Seven Segment Decoder Driver”